Happy Labor Day, everyone!
- Macy’s — Additional 20% Off All Orders using code: DEALS
- Amazon – Exclusive deals on electronics, phones, tablets, TVs, Clothes, Shoes, etc.
- JCPenney — Additional 15% or 20% Off using code: BUYNOW
- Kohls — 15% Off Everything (No Minimum) using code: WEEKEND15 or 20% Off Purchase over $100 using code: BONFIRE
- American Eagles — Additional 25% Off Everything using code: 952367P1
- Banana Republic — 40% Off Everything with code: BRLABOR
- Express — 40% off every single item through Labor Day
- GAP — 40% Off Everything
- Lord & Taylor — 15% Off Everything and Extra 25% off clearance using code: LABORDAY
- Nordstrom – 40% Off Clearance sale
- Tory Burch — Up to 50% off sale using code: LABORDAY14
- Forever 21 — Buy One Get One Free using code: BOGOFREE
- Sephora — Up to 75% Off Clearance sale
- JCPenney — Additional 15% or 20% Off using Code: BUYNOW
- Victoria’s Secret — $15 Off $100; $30 Off $150; $75 Off $250; $150 Off $500 using Code: FALL14
- Target – Buy one get one 50% off
- Sears — Up to 40% off appliances
Aerie is having a great sale on all bras – any style of bras for only $20!
Shop now at aerie.com!
Get a free phone with an AT&T contract using the promo code FREEPHONE at checkout.
The great debate continues, which smart phone in the market should you get for yourself or your kids?
While there are hundreds of selection in the market, the two most notable brands have to be Apple and Samsung with their flagship smart phone, iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 respectively.
I have been an Apple iPhone user since iPhone 3 and had never laid a finger on a Samsung smart phone until my brother switched to the dark side and got his Samsung Galaxy S3 last year. Playing with his Samsung Galaxy S3, I realized Samsung has done an amazing job in elevating the game and I hate to admit, even I, a long term Apple fan considered switching to the “dark side.”
Why you ask?
Both phones have their pro’s and con’s and each phone is suitable to different type of users. Let me help you break it down:
iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3
- iPhone 5 is not much of an upgrade from iPhone 5 so I have decided to discuss them together.
- iPhone 5 has a lower resolution than Samsung Galaxy S3 although the difference is not noticeable to the naked eyes.
- iPhone 5 costs about $500 without a contract so it is way more expensive.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 is slightly bigger in dimension compared to iPhone 5 so if you want a larger screen, go for Samsung Galaxy S3.
- One thing I hate about iPhone 5 is that it is not Flash compatible.
- Both phones come with a variety of app selection in the Apple App Store and Google Play respectively.
- Based on the so called scientific test and my own experience, iPhone 5’s battery dies much faster. On average I charge my phone twice a day while my brother only needs to charge his Samsung Galaxy S3 once a day.
- iPhone 5 is also available in 64GB while Samsung Galaxy S3 is not so for those of you who loves to play games and download tons of apps, go for Samsung Galaxy S3.
- iPhone 5 has redesigned its headset and it is supposed to fit your ears much better and more comfortably.
- To me, iPhone 5 is still more user friendly than Samsung Galaxy S3, just look at how many 3 year old kids and 70 year old grandmas are playing with the iPhone and iPad.
- Both phones are available for international use.
In conclusion, each phone has its pros and cons so it is really up to what type of user you are and what features you value the most.
One thing I would highly recommend is to buy an unlocked or so called factory unlocked phone. These phones may be more expensive but they are worth every penny since you can use just plug in any SIM card from any wireless company.
Great sites to buy these phones include:
- eBay – www.ebay.com
- Amazon – www.amazon.com
- Craigslist – www.craigslist.org – contact me for more information.
Shop now at Forever21.com for back to school deals starting at only $4!
Get up to 30% off when you shop for baby and infant clothing at Bloomingdales.com.
Valid both online and in store. Sale ends on September 1st.
Get an extra 20% off on Back to School items using promo code BTS from Macys.com.
LivingSocial offers $5 Off $15 using promo code: 5OFF15 or get 20% off using promo code: EVENBETTER.